This post is also a no bake cookie! Well, actually, this treat is more like a fudge or no bake doughnut hole in texture. It’s got a ton of delicious chocolate chip cookie flavor inside AND out, though!
That’s right. It’s a chocolate chip cookie dough fudge bite covered in a chocolate chip cookie coating. What more could you want? It’s also kinda healthy, too. Holiday win.
I thought of this recipe when I thought to myself, “A chocolate chip cookie dough ball would be fantastic right now.” There is the whole process of making cookie dough that I didn’t want to partake in at the moment, however. Instead, I decided to bite the bullet and do it. But, I made my life easier and just threw everything in the food processor. What a great idea!
Also, feel free to use any chocolate chip you like. I use dairy-free chocolate, but there are varieties out there that are soy-free if you need.
I’m on a roll with these no bake cookie recipes! I promise I’ll give you some baked ones, too…it’s rare that I don’t bake during this time of year, but it’s nice to switch it up! ^_^
Yield: about 7 bites, depending on the size
Free from: Gluten, Oil*
- 2 Tb flax meal
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar/vegan sugar
- 2 Tb maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste/extract
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour/flour of choice
- 3 Tb vegan chocolate chips
*omit if you want a truly oil-free treat!
- In a large food processor, place the shredded coconut, vanilla, and coconut sugar. Process for about 4 minutes, or until the coconut is very fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the fudge into the processor and pulse until everything clumps together and creates a cookie dough consistency.
- In a blender (or you can use a plastic bag and rolling pin), pulse the cookies and rice cereal until they create a breadcrumb texture. Pour the mixture onto a plate.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon sized spoonfuls of fudge batter (an ice cream scoop works best) and place them into the coating mixture.
- Roll each fudge ball in the coating and cover completely.
- Once all the balls are coated in the cookie crumb, serve and enjoy! These are great as-is, on ice cream, or any other fun way you can think of!