I love these doughnuts because they are light and spongey but also moist. I used to be a huge fiend of cake doughnuts growing up. Unfortunately, I only ever had Dunkin’s until I was older and discovered wonderful places like Voodoo Doughnut, Dottie’s Donuts, The Cinnamon Snail, and Dunwell Doughnuts. Now, I am a doughnut explorer. I try all varieties as long as the flavor suits me. I’m also a fan of fritters. 😜
Pumpkin S’mores Doughnuts
IngredientsFree from: Soy*, Gluten, Nuts*
- 1/3 coconut/neutral tasting oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar *sub with regular sugar if needed
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup GF all purpose flour (I used Bob’s 1 to 1)
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves, optional
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tb pumpkin puree
- 2 Tb vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips/chunks *Use soy-free if needed
- Vegan pumpkin marshmallows (or regular vanilla will do just fine)
- Vegan graham cracker crumbs or cookie crumbs
- Ganache (recipe below)
You only need a small amount of ganache to drizzle onto the doughnuts so your marshallow and cookie crumbs will stick. If you have leftover, you can always use it to top ice cream later. 😏
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips/chopped pieces
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
Adjust the amount of milk/chocolate as needed for a thicker or thinner consistency. You can use a thick ganache to dip the doughnuts in for more of a glaze effect or drizzle a thinner ganache on top for a fun texture!
- In a small saucepan, heat the non-dairy milk over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- After about 3-5 minutes, add the vegan chocolate and stir constantly until chocolate is fully melted and a thickened sauce forms.
- Adjust thickness as desired and pull of heat immediately.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and then use.
- If using later, store in the fridge in a lidded container and reheat when needed. If you use the microwave, be careful not to burn it! 😅